Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sometimes things don't turn out quite as expected.

this continues from this post

Since it is the final days of that window to plant your bulbs,
I have been thinking that I should get back to telling that story....
I had some time last night to continue writing about the saga of my
 bulb planting experience.
The I.T. Man was working on something serious.
Back in October, I posted that it was time to plant my bulbs.
Well it didn’t go quite as smoothly as I had anticipated. "What Does?"
I opened the Rubbermaid container that the bulbs had been stored in.
I was in the process of joyfully taking them out of their packages to plant them,
on this gorgeous sunny day, perfect day for fall gardening.
I went into a bit of shock however,  when I realized that most of my tulip bulbs were  mushy and mouldy. A batch had sap oozing out of them. 
In other words, after confirming my suspicions through googling the symptoms,
I determined most of them were too far gone and I pronounced them as dead.
The sealed container had held moisture which killed them.
You can imagine how surprised and upset I felt,
since I had thought I was storing them properly.
Each package of bulbs were perforated, so I thought they would be fine in a large container.
I didn't want to take the chance that a critter could  get into our garage and eat them.
I had even bought the tulip bulbs as soon as the fall selection became available to have first choice. It was all such a disappointment to put it mildly ......to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment