Sunday, November 21, 2010

3rd installment on the bulb planting saga -if anyone cares..

this continues from this post here

I kind of had a little mini melt down, and was ready to throw everything out, upon seeing and confirming that most of the tulip bulbs were history.

But I had this blog that I just started and I had
already posted how I was going outside on that beautiful day 
to plant these things.......
I thought I should do the mature thing and be accountable to the ENTIRE UNIVERSE
that may land on this page one day (you realize this is humour)
so I calmed down and seriously analyzed my losses.

I went back outside to face my humiliation, and realized that the Iris bulbs,
Crocus bulbs, and alum bulbs did seem relatively okay.
I guess they have a higher tolerance to damp  conditions.
Some tulip bulbs seemed firmer  than others and some had just a little bit of green mould so I wiped it off as suggested by all my google searches.
 I just decided to plant most of them anyway, and see what happens.

still to be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment