Sunday, November 28, 2010

the bulb BURP continues

this story is continued from this post here.

I tearfully told the I.T Man from the office what had happened to my bulbs when he got back from a client.
The Kind Man from the Office did console me by offering to buy some more tulip bulbs for me.

Miraculously, my tears stopped running down my face instantly on his offer.

I immediately ran back to Home Depot to see if they had any stock left. As I predicted, the ones that I liked were gone.

So, I ventured off to Sheridan Nurseries.
I caved and decided to choose some from the bulk bins (I don’t normally trust that the colours of the end product will actually be the colour indicated. I figure people just throw back bulbs they have changed their mind on in any bin.) The colour is so important in this VISION I have.(this isn't the infected one)

Precious time, great effort
and a somewhat significant financial investment
went into planting these bulbs.
It takes more stamina and strength than you think to dig over 150 holes or more for the various bulb types.
I have completely lost track of this exact number.
I even bought a basic hand bulb planter suggested to me by Sheridan Nurseries.
(the one in the photo is from Canadian Tire, but it pretty much looks just like that.)

It is still takes of lots of excursion to push this thing through the earth.
Sometimes I ended up breaking up the dirt in the bulb planter with a stick of some sort and pushing it out the wider end.
I had no set method.
It was pretty much determined on how well I had initially loosened up the soil, and that varied.
I figured I must have been doing something wrong,
but after the fact I did look it up on google 
and found out I was doing everything correctly with the basic version of the bulb planter that I bought.
So the majority of the bulbs were planted stretching over a week’s time....

I am still not done with this Bulb Blurb

to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment