Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Where did that Menu Bar go?


I was out on the Town last night.

I was helping a client navigate Windows 7 on her new computer.
We opened up her browser, and the menu bar was gone.


This is the main menu bar that I am referring to:

File   Edit   View   Favorites   Tools   Help

She thought that something was broken.

(I have to admit that when I first encountered 
the disappearance of the Menu Bar syndrome in my browser,
 I came to the same conclusion until The I.T. Man from the Office showed me his ways.)

There is a simple fix for this, but hidden.
I refer to it as the Right click magic act !

You right click anywhere in the blue bar under the address bar
and this dialogue box appears like this.


In this dialogue Box,
you select Menu Bar by left clicking in the checkbox beside that choice
which enables the Menu Bar.
This Menu Bar is now visible in your browser.

File   Edit   View   Favorites   Tools   Help

Look at this View

Because I have gone through such frustration myself learning to use any computer,
I can usually pinpoint where the difficulty is in learning a new concept
(in basic training) and help guide them to Eureka.

(This technique was tested in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)




No comments:

Post a Comment