Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How did you find it so quickly on that dense web page?

updated Nov 24/10

The I.T. Guy is full of helpful hints
 that really save time and cut to the chase.
Here is an example.
 I have heard that Bullfinches can mimic people.
I wanted to read more about this so 
 I googled Bullfinches and came to this page.
To find out if this topic might be discussed here,
 I just pressed the ctrl key plus the F key
and a Find: Box opened up on the top left hand side
I typed the word mimic in this.
Any words containing mimic
 were highlighted on the web page.
Try it by going to the link I provided.
It is such a really useful trick!

You can try it on this blog post and type
mimic (as an example) and it will highlight mimic in this post.
Here is a screenshot to demonstrate this to you.

 


  


1 comment:

  1. This is the handiest tip! Read this a week or so ago, have already used it a dozen times. Control F is terrific, thanks!

    ReplyDelete