Saturday, January 15, 2011

How to easily convert a TEXT FILE to a JPG FILE -too easy!!

I was in a serious quandary as to how to convert this ad
which was originally done in word as a text file to a jpg file
so I could crop it out and show it to you here in this post.

After great deliberation,
I figured it was impossible to do unless I started all over again and recreated the ad in PAINT.

I asked the Man from the Office for a solution,
expecting he would not have one.......but he did!!!!!!!!!!


and I could have KICKED myself that I didn't think of that
(since the solution uses a trick/tip I had learned).
This is why the Man from the Office impresses me sometimes.
He can easily see answers that are computer related that go right by me,
even if the answer is right in front of me.
(notice I said..that he sees answers easily that are computer related)


So, this is what you do...you open your text file and have it on the screen,
and then select the print scrn key.
This takes a copy of what is on the screen.

You open paint, or other type of program that saves files as jpgs....and paste the screen shot there by selecting the ctrl key and v key.
and voila,,,there it is in paint to do what you want with....and you can save it as a jpg file
or whatever other picture type files you choose.

You can also go about taking a snap shot of your screen using the snipping tool in Windows 7,
which I discussed briefly in this post here demonstrating it in an amusing way.

If you would like a more serious and detailed take on the snipping tool vs. the screen shot....visit here

Contact Proven Solutions Toronto Computer Service for more Training Tips To Get You Inspired To Go To Town.

No comments:

Post a Comment