Monday, January 3, 2011

Does this look like a Dodo Bird to you?

Last night, we took a walk without the camera. The Man from the Office had my full attention. He was telling me how he was thinking about something which led him to search for the Island of Mauritus  in wikipedia and how that led him to a link to the DODO Bird. You see, he found out that this Island was the only home of the DODO bird. He was so animated in telling me all about what he found out about the DODO bird.........

I had only vague memories of what I had learned about the DODO BIRD in school. His enthusiasm prompted  me to look it up when we got back to the office, mainly because I wanted to see what it looked like again. (He had really covered almost every detail that wikipedia offered but with so much more excitement in his delivery.)  It became extinct so long ago, so there are no true photos of it, but only drawings and 3-d representations.
I was searching through some photos I had taken recently for another reason,
 and came across this.
It struck me that it reminded me of a DODO BIRD for some reason,
so I thought I would post this.
Did you know that Dodo Birds are related to pigeons and doves?

No comments:

Post a Comment