Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Boxing Day Villian ruined My Shopping Spree

I thought I would Shop Till I Dropped on Boxing Day this year.
I had a strategy in place.
I was going to entice the Man from the Office to come with me
with offers of buying him some new electronic toys....
but really end up somewhere else.. more my cup of tea.
I would cry some crocodile tears
about how I really needed some new Office Attire,
like some new t-shirts, jeans, 
and maybe some more dressy clothes like new silk blouses,
cashmere sweaters,
and maybe some new jewellery to match ........
and how the Home Office could use a face-lift
with some brand new things, such as: 
some new throw rugs,
maybe some nice art work,
 a new set of good china dishes,
new sofas and chairs,
maybe... even a new dining room set .............and.....

However, my plan was foiled by some new clients 
that were REALLY in TROUBLE on Boxing Day
with this Christmas Computer Infection.
It is the "System Tools Anti-Virus" that has been going around these days.

Nothing like a "Client in Need" to Energize the Man from The Office
and transform him into the TERMINATOR once again...

I couldn't do the Damsel in Distress thing..
He was having way too much fun.
I would have felt way too guilty, with my  frivolous needs.
I don't think my plan was going to fool him anyway.
So, I went shopping alone and bought some coffee mugs.
(disclaimer: I also bought some little trinkets.I am not really that materialistic.It was exaggerated for humour)

1 comment:

  1. sorry a computer infection "foiled your plans." but on the bright side you did go shopping for something, although not as grand.

    ReplyDelete