Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All about Chuck -The Original Dog Whisperer

I opened the Globe and Mail today to see a tribute about Chuck Eisenmann in the Obituaries.
(This segment is usually on the last page of the Sports Section.)
I could not find a link to this article on-line today, but I thought I would relate a little story about a memory of mine related to this topic.

He was the trainer of the Dogs in the Original Littlest Hobo. That was one of my favourite shows as a child. When I heard he was coming to the Castle Loma with the Littlest Hobo Himself, I made certain to be there. This was many years ago.

I was so excited to see The FAMOUS  LITTLEST HOBO IN PERSON in Toronto.
I remember feeling so let down to discover that four dogs played The Littlest Hobo. It was like discovering there was no Santa Clause.

But, once I recovered from my disappointment,
I was still in awe in how he could get those dogs to do such smart things.
I bought the book "Stop! Sit! and Think".
I don't think I had the technique down though, because I never could get our toy poodle to act as clever as The Littlest Hobo.
Chuck  really did believe that dogs had the smarts.
He had the ability to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment