Friday, October 15, 2010

A Bird Trick At The Green House

                      What is Happening at The Greenhouse Today?
This little chickadee was playing tricks on me another photo below
They are very flighty and it would  quickly land and grab one  sunflower seed  and then take off. I really wanted to get a good shot of one since they are so sweet close up , so I stood outside with the camera  with the sun in my face and kept snapping the camera anytime I saw something land on the feeder..and when I went to look at what I snapped on the computer, I had an imposter ......that was taking turns with the chickadee

This is a Red-Breasted Nuthatch and it is just as flighty as the chickadee, and they look so much alike when you are looking through your digital viewer of the camera in the sun, so what a lovely surprise to see! They were literally taking turns at the feeder. I caught this one with the sunflower in its beak.


         






No comments:

Post a Comment