Thursday, October 14, 2010

Computers.-You can't live without them

My love hate relationship with computers  all began.........click on read more for a fun link


way back in my University Days. My first experience with the BEAST was in my Intro Computer Programming Course  101 (or something like that). It was Punch Cards in those days. ....and getting those right almost  killed me. I didn't know I had such depths of frustration until then (and computers have continued to be my worse source of my frustration). I almost always got only one character wrong, which I could never figure out what it was....and the cards were spit back out at me over and over again  in rejection of my brilliant programming attempts.
I somehow managed to pass that course  with lots of help from the Tutorial assistant and I lived to tell the tale..but had vowed NEVER to go there again. 
   But some years passed and I was inspired to buy the AMIGA because I was told it had the best graphic, and that sounded like a good enough reason at the time to choose it.  I remember going back  and forth to the store that sold it to me on a regular basis asking for help on Why doesn't this work? I know I am doing everything right.  I am sure they thought it was not worth the sale to see me there everyday still not getting it. The only thing I really got into with that computer was the game Tetris. I would play it over and over and over again......to be continued,
I am really not finished..but have no time..so stay tuned eventually

No comments:

Post a Comment