Friday, October 28, 2011

and Small Dog Proofed Too!

A long time ago, in another house, We had a fence built so the our big dogs couldn't get out of the back yard by jumping over the fence. I never considered worrying about the little Jack Russell finding a way out.
The fence was built. It was also a black chain link. It looked great and I was so happy
until that very night the little sneaker of a Jack Russell snuck right under the fence and got skunked.
I called the company and they told basically told me TOUGH  LUCK!
Well, that had been a total waste of money and an exercise in futility. I had to put two by four pieces of wood all along the fence bottom to destroy the entire look. I since found out, that they hadn't done their job right and they should have come back to fix it. It was a HUGE COMPANY ...very well known.
Anyway, I didn't want to make the same mistake twice, since little dogs hang out here too.
I found this company that did the fence photos above from KIJIJI. I had had 4 quotes
from different people and they were all about the same,
but Trent from NORTH SHIELDS FENCE seemed to be the most reassuring that he would take special care to help make sure the dogs can't find a way out, and above is an example of what he did by adding mesh strung tightly to the bottom below the gates which were the biggest issue with spaces. Yes, maybe I am an extreme worrier, but I know what tight places dogs can seem to find a way out. I tested by new fence and gates  with Sophie, a little dog(part toy poodle and Maltese) that I am watching now. It seems she can't get out! Yes!!!!! but I still won't leave her unattended at any time in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment