Friday, May 10, 2013

Unexpected Visitors at The Feeders Today


Oh WOW, What is that Male Rose Breasted Grosbeak doing at The Oriole Feeder? Does he have a sweet tooth?



Now How Cool Is This! The Man From the Office caught the lovely Couple Feeding together on The Sunflower feeder.
Here is a closer look at the Male Rose-Breasted Grosbeak feeding above the female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak. This is amazing to see them so clearly together since we have so much trouble getting good shots of them by the ravine. They are not skittish here at all out in the open. I don't think Allan got much work done once he saw these surprise visitors at our feeders today. The camera man took some great shots with a great camera.

1 comment:

  1. Comment on the top picture.. I am *sure* that he looking at me looking at him ... asking *me* if I am trying to get a picture of him.

    The Grosbeak looks very parrot-like in the shot of him alone with the sunflower seed in his mouth.

    My favourite picture of the female Rose-Breasted Grosbeak is where she is facing the camera.

    Thank you for the fantastic camera - great birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete